Here are the top 10 reasons why Husky is so awesome.
- Look at him. He’s gorgeous. Duh.
- He’s super calm, almost all the time.
- And yet he can still turn on the engine a bit when I ask.
- He knows what kind of rider he has on his back. The little kids can ride him easily, and then I can jump on and we can get into a frame, jump over big stuff and have a blast. Gotta love a horse who likes kids.
- He’s so versatile. We’ve gotten pretty darn good at the long-and-low hunter frame, and yet he also recently took 2nd in a Dressage Suitability class…that also included a few actual dressage horses. He can lift his shoulders or take it down low while staying light and soft. It’s a pretty sweet feeling.
- He can jump pretty darn high, which is fun.
- He’s smart and willing to learn. Currently we’re learning flying lead changes/changing leads over jumps and he’s (slowly) picking it up.
- He’s trustworthy. Wherever we are, even if he’s distracted or feeling fresh, he’s not going throw a fit and buck me off.
- We clicked. Every rider does not necessarily jive with every horse, and it’s just more fun to ride a horse that you click with.
- He’s a sweetheart with a fun personality.