Whoa, somehow it’s April now! The first quarter of 2017 has gone by so quickly. It seemed like a good time to check in on how my goals for the year are coming along.
- Weekly lessons; average two dressage and two jumping per month. Wisconsin weather has not been kind; I’ve had several canceled lessons but overall I’ve been on my regular schedule. More jumping than dressage.
- Complete at least one event. This won’t happen for awhile but my plan is tentatively scheduled out for the summer.
- Read the USEA rule book, in full. Oh yeah, I kind of forgot about this. Time to pick it up!
- Budget and save for 3+ competitions this spring/summer/fall. In progress!
Buy a saddle.Done!
- Exercise 3-4 times per week (including riding lessons) for a total of 180 workouts/days with exercise in 2017. I’m pretty happy with where I’m at on this one. I was sick for a couple weeks but otherwise I’ve gotten into a great routine and I love how I feel when I exercise.
- Run a 5k in the spring. Then decide if I want to run more. In progress! I haven’t chosen which 5k I want to run yet, but I’ve been running regularly. I average about 3 miles, including a 5-minute walk for warm up and cool down, and I’m up to running 2.25 miles without a walk break! On Saturday I went 4 miles total and felt like a badass. Seriously, the C25K app is amazing.
- Blog at least twice per week. I have not been keeping up with this one as much. The last couple weeks I have not felt inspired to write, so I just let myself off the hook. These goals are not to make me feel bad if I don’t accomplish them – just to keep me focused on moving forward in important areas. I have some new ideas for posts coming up, and I have been enjoying simply reading others’ blogs for awhile.
- Continue chronicling my foray into evening with monthly installments on Eventing Nation (see the first and second installments!). Yep! Post number three went up last week!
- Unsubscribe from all the spam emails I get (and cause me to waste time every day deleting them). I did a purge in January and I think it’s time for another one. It feels so good!
- Find a good organization to volunteer with once a month. In progress. I found the organization, now just working out scheduling.
- Clean out my closet/dresser and get rid of clothes that I don’t wear, are worn out, or are no longer in style. I know what I want to get rid of, it’s just a matter of actually doing it now!
How is your 2017 coming along?