It’s my birthday! Which means it’s time to think back on my life so far and come up with a list of pretty cool things I’ve done – one thing for each year of my life so far.
In the past 27 years, I have…
- Galloped flat out, hitting 43 mph.
- Ridden a pony.
- Ridden a camel.
- Ridden a donkey.
- Tried barrel racing.
- Accepted that I was bad at barrel racing.
- Jumped cross country.
- Ridden up and down the mountains in the Black Hills.
- Picked an uncountable number of hooves.
- Successfully rehabbed a horse after laminitis.
- Treated abscesses.
- Taught a horse to accept the clippers by their face.
- Ridden with a bozell bridle.
- Fallen in love with the sound of grazing horses in the summer.
- Pulled a trailer.
- Driven a mini.
- Helped at a combined driving event.
- Attended a Grand Prix.
- Interviewed Margie Engle, Cian O’Connor and Andre Thieme at a press conference.
- Became starstruck at said press conference.
- Got really fast at hunter braids.
- Got really good at getting stains out of white horses.
- Went on many trail rides with my mom.
- “Shared” a horse with my dad. (Thanks, Dad and Mom.)
- Learned to post the trot (with and without stirrups).
- Made my first large purchase: a saddle.
- Made lifelong barn friendships.
See the first list: 26 Things for 26 Years.